Safety is a fact for autogas
Forget what you've seen in the movies, propane autogas is one of the safest automotive fuels available. Propane has a long history as a preferred heating fuel, and the lessons and best practices of that industry help make propane autogas the safe choice for fleets of any size and duty.
- Propane tanks are 20 times more puncture resistant than the standard gasoline tank.
- Autogas vehicle fuel tanks made from ASME-compliant carbon steel.
- Propane has a very narrow flammability range when compared to gasoline/diesel.
- If you were to have a leak in your system, the propane would vaporize and dissipate.
- Propane does not contaminate aquifers or soil.
- Propane engine fuel systems are equipped with numerous passive safety devices that cease the flow of propane in the case of a significant leak.
- Autogas vehicles and fueling systems are designed and rigorously tested to perform safely during both normal operations and crash situations
- FerrellAutogas and Ferrellgas have provided propane safety training to hundreds of fire departments and first responders all across the country. This training meets or exceeds the standards for the propane industry.
Every propane autogas application is different. Contact your FerrellAutogas consultant to today to learn more.